It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,429Gear list
Like?
Funny, the least-advertised feature is the one I'm in love with most...
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 6 months ago

That little footnote about how the fastest AF test was achieved, where it mentions that "pre-AF was off'...

There it is...something I've prayed for since the very first NEX...I'd almost consider buying the A600 JUST for that feature!  I have hated pre-focus since moment one, still hate it to this day...if the A6000 finally lets this be turned off, I want it for that alone.

I must say, the AF looks good for tracking at least early on...and I love the MR setting on the mode dial, plus the elimination of the NEX menus...all excellent selling points for me.

And MFNR seems to be built in?  It mentions the ISO range as 100-25600, but 51,200 with MFNR on...unless they're just letting you know of the expanded range when you download the app.

I still prefer the thinner, smaller NEX-5N body myself, but since I always shoot with the EVF on mine, I'm wondering if I could live with the larger bodystyle and built in EVF just to get at some of the improvements that to me are really really tempting.

Especially MR, return of the 4-way jog dial's custom settings, and pre-AF off!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow