Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 3,484Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to Mk7, 10 months ago

Mk7 wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:
A G1X is travelling light for me, I wouldn't put either in a pocket except maybe a coat pocket so the size difference is neither here nor there for me personally. Shooting in 14 bit raw doesn't leave me lacking for dynamic range either, I just bracket if necessary.

I've had more blown skies and highlights than i'd like in my G1 X landscapes. Hopefully the "new" sensor will address that.
With the RX killing the G1 X on the sales charts, Canon obviously felt pressure to make the camera smaller.

I hear this alot, and i doubt canon cares as long as they sell you a camera.

Considering that the RX100 is well down the list of sales and behind alot of canon P&S cameras, I doubt canon cares that the RX100 is selling well. This isn't a RX100 competitor.  how could it be? with the much larger sensor, there is no way they could size match an RX series camera.  Impossible.

There are 10 canon P&S cameras selling better on amazon than the RX100, yes canon is scared.

canon's trend for the few years as been outside of professional bodies, they are getting smaller.

See SL1, M, 70D, 6D bodies.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow