It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,597Gear list
Like?
Re: It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...
In reply to parallaxproblem, 8 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

quezra wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

improved gap-less on sensor microlens design!

improved color filter layer - up to 20% more light gathering!

tilting built-in flash that can be used as a wireless trigger/controller for external flashes!

magnesium alloy body - that is a bit lighter than NEX-6!

flash top plate!

clean HDMI output and zebra for video shooters and also more controls in video!

full camera control over USB for PC studio work!

7 customizable buttons and MR mode on top dial!

better high ISO performance than latest D5300 24Mp APS-C sensor!

11fps with tracking AF in RAW+JPEG with 49 frames (for JPEG) before buffer gets full!

Now I'm just thinking 11fps is 269Mb per second (more than a quarter of Gigabyte per second!) what kind of a card we need for that beast?

From what I read in other previews the construction is the same as the NEX-6, ie. magnesium top plate with the rest of the camera being plastic

Haven't read about the flash tilting, nor the gapless microlenses on the sensor

Where did you read about 7 customisable buttons? I read that it had two soft buttons (now in different locations) and that the d-button can be customised, ie. same as for current cameras, but I would like some clarifcation of this

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

The sony guy from youtube video did say 7 customisable buttons.

Does that mean 2 soft buttons, 4 directions on the D-button and centre button on the D-button? Or does it mean some of the other buttons except soft and D-button can be customised?

It would be nice if there was some clarity on this

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies

Did you not read the DPR first look?

Normally I have you on ignore, but I thought for once I might check if you had anything helpful to say

As expected your reply offered the usual amount of helpfulness... ie. none whatsoever and throw in the usual implicit insults at the same time

I did read the DPR first look, and even commented underneath that I found the preview confusing and said:

There is one more button on the back of the body and the position and function of the buttons seems to have changed in comparison with the NEX-6, why is this not mentioned and explained?

Perhaps you would care to enlighten me as to where the (rather inconsistent if you bother reading it carefully) DPReview preview makes the situation over button customisation clear?

-- hide signature --

Wow, defensive much?  You could have clicked on the earlier post I made which actually did state exactly which buttons are customizable, taken directly from the DPR first look page.

So let me repeat: it's a shame you didn't read the DPR first look that mentions which 7 buttons are customizable.  Having mentioned it in an earlier post (evidently not the one you un-ignored) in this very thread, I didn't mention it a second time when I saw you posting immediately after I had just said which buttons they were, hence why it's quite funny how you're flailing around asking questions that are already answered by the DPR article you've commented on (and therefore should have read).

And you trying to read "implicit insults" into a one-line question is the icing on this particular cake.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow