It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 693Gear list
Like?
Re: It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...
In reply to abortabort, 7 months ago

abortabort wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

There really is much to love about this camera. Perhaps it could be as revolutionary as the NEX 5N was in its time over 2.5 years ago. I just wish the A6000 didn't regress on EVF and LCD as the higher quality tech would better appease the manual lens folks (I guess I am one, but I prefer AF).

-- hide signature --

The LCD hasn't regressed, only the EVF. I think given the much lower starting price plus the other improvements and that that EVF isn't actually 'bad' and is certainly acceptable in the A58 and RX10, it's actually a worthwhile downgrade. Keeping in mind $650 is the rrp, it is very likely these will be dipping down to around $500 before too long (and Sony know this), so they had to cut costs somewhere.

Agree. However, just in case I see 3 points that make this EVF in a6k an upgrade really:

1. EVF in a6k is OLED, and that is not new to A58 and RX10, but it is an upgrade to NEX-6, since NEX-6 EVF was LCD.

2. Sony guy in video presentation states that it has NEW improved optics in front of OLED, so better viewing experience, more sharp and easy to see contrast and edges etc.

3. Unlike A58 - a6k EVF is coupled with much faster BIONZ-X chip that translates into much better refresh rates, better/smother live feed from sensor, sharper, cleaner look etc.

IMHO if old car has 6L engine and new one 4.4L engine, but new one drives faster and smother - is that considered downgrade or upgrade?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow