Senior MemberPosts: 2,972
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to cheddargav, 8 months ago

cheddargav wrote:

I have the GX7, I love innovation: touchscreens just don't suit photography

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

I have the GX7 also and am not generally that attracted to touchscreens, but they do come in handy for belting through the menus at high speed, for example (and moving the AF target around during movie shooting). On previous Sonys, I've found a touchscreen useful as the only way of getting at a small spot AF target without giving up the customisation of a button, but perhaps the A6000 has another way around this (the NEX 6 didn't).

Presumably Sony has now "gone off" the idea of touchscreens on their mirrorless cameras - first they downgraded the capacitive screen of the 5N to resistive on the 5R and 5T, and now, with the replacements apparently bridging the gap between two previous models, neither the A5000 nor the A6000 has a touchscreen - so once the NEX models are all gone, there won't actually be a touchscreen-equipped mirrorless model in the range (based on those announced so far).

An aside: looking at the comparison pictures of the A6000 next to the NEX 6 and NEX 7 on DPReview, it looks as though Sony has deleted the damage-prone "TruBlack" coating treatment on the LCD monitor's surface... (I see their example of the NEX 7 shows how it can deteriorate, though I've been fortunate not to have this happen).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow