Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,337Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to parallaxproblem, 8 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

But with all the excitement about focusing speed, I find it strange that the cameras do not feature a touch screen.

The large number of PDAF points spread all over the frame is a great idea. Yet the quick focus-selection touch tool is missing.

I'm also sorry they didn't include a touch screen as I like it very much on my NEX-5R and think it has many benefits: touch to focus being the most important and very, very handy

I don't understand why Sony miss this feature off their 'better' cameras and think there must be a very stubborn marketing manager somewhere in their organisation who is doing them a lot of harm with his/her intransigence on this matter

My NEX 5N is getting old. My touch screen has no peeling or any damage after years of use. I kept a protective screen on it and it's still perfect. I would like to upgrade my Emount camera, but I use touch to focus with my 5N on nearly every shot to avoid focus and recompose. I use focus and recompose on my Canon 6D for every shot because moving the focus point is not quick enough when grabbing a quick shot. Or, I shoot with the center point and crop later. I still love my 5N for allowing me to put the focus on someone's eyes, for example, and get the shot exactly how I want it in an instant. My 5N will trudge on for now as my back up camera. I am a full frame shooter who uses an OVF on nearly every shot and I would jump at the opportunity for Sony to add a touch screen (with an ON/OFF option because I know people hate it) to a good camera like what they're offering in the A6000. Sigh.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow