ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,293Gear list
Like?
The G1X II EVF - Price
7 months ago

Hi,

I've already posted my $0.02c worth on external EVFs - so I won't bang on about them any more.  (To summarise - I don't like them and prefer a BIEVF.)  I've only just seen the price of the  G1X II's external EVF.  In case anyone else didn't see it - it's $299!!  In it's defence it is a 2.3mpx EVF.   So, depending on the processor, it should be very good and may be worth the $299 if you do in fact like external EVFs.

This additional price makes the G1XII quite an expensive beast if you prefer eye level viewing.  Although the prices may drop, the launch price of $799 for the body and $299 for the EVF makes it (almost) an $1100 camera.   The optional larger grip would get you there.  That's right up in MILC territory.

It's interesting that this camera takes the concept of 'compact' right out to the edge of the envelope where it's competing with MILCs in most features except lens interchangeability.  From my perspective the whole external EVF is a bit of a shame because I liked the Mark I  concept of the all-in-one.  At least I feel a bit easier now looking at MILCs - as far as price goes anyway.......

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II +6 more
G1 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow