Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM SPORTS at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York City

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
MichaelVadon
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
Re: Fantastic shots
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, 6 months ago

Here is the great part of this lens.  This lens can be hooked up to the USB dock so if there are any issues you simply report them to Sigma and then you can get the lens updated with the newest firmware.

The camera I was using was a Canon 5D Mark III and it seemed to work perfectly.   I set the custom focus with the USB dock, but then I forgot which settings I put for custom 1 and custom 2.  I relied upon the default focus setting.  Next time I will tape a little reminder on the lens.

You can set this lens for speed focus or accurate focus.  The factory setting leans toward an accurate focus, but I could not really tell a difference no matter how I set it.

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

Great shots. I have the predecessor of this lens, the OS non-sports version. Sharpness wise I find it terrific, but for fast sports, e.g. running, it's not up to the Sigma 300 which I also have. It's fine for soccer.

There's a chap who has written a blog about this problem (both OS and OS Sports) with the 1Div which is what I use. He says it only affects the D series. I'm getting a 1Dx today so we'll see how it does with that.

Have you tried it on running e.g. with the 5Diii?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow