Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Bridge camera, Mirrorless or DSLR?
7 months ago

My brother and myself have teamed up to give my mother a new camera for her upcoming 50th birthday. She currently has a Canon Powershot S5 IS (8MP bridge camera with 12x zoom) and overall she likes it. She does general shooting like holidays, family get together, pets but no sport or wildlife photography AND does shoot in MANUAL. She likes the viewfinder, decent zoom, tilt screen and smallish size of her current camera. She also likes that its a Canon, however she also likes my Nikon. As the title says i have been considering 3 types of cameras; a bridge camera like a Canon Powershot SX50 HS or Nikon Coolpix P600, a mirrorless camera like a Panasonic G5/6 with maybe a 14-140 lens or a entry level DSLR like a Canon 1200D/1100D, 100D, 700D or Nikon D3300/D3200 or D5300/D5200 and a suitable lens  to go with it (No L glass or F1.4/2.8 lenses). As it is a surprise i cannot consult her into what camera and lens she would like. So what would be the best camera/recommended camera to get her and if i get her a entry level DSLR, what lens would be suitable if i got her a DSLR.

Thanks

Shutterbug013

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow