Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,324Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to Mk7, 6 months ago

Mk7 wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Mk7 wrote:
Just because the RX is smaller and lighter doesn't mean they aimed lower. Its sensor and lens can give comparable and often better results than the G1 X.

I'd like to see that.
Canon sensors are lacking in dynamic range compared to others. Besides, an RX100 in the pocket and with you beats a G1 X brick left at home every time!

A G1X is travelling light for me, I wouldn't put either in a pocket except maybe a coat pocket so the size difference is neither here nor there for me personally. Shooting in 14 bit raw doesn't leave me lacking for dynamic range either, I just bracket if necessary. The colour from the Sony sensors doesn't float my boat either, so I guess it depends on what aspects of image quality matter most to you. Extra dynamic range isn't a boon to me if colour and skin tones are off, something that will affect every shot, not just the odd shot here and there. I always find Sony colours too orange and cyan for my taste whereas Canon seems to nail colours to my eyes. The lens on the G1X is also stellar, not something I hear about the RX100 from many reports. There are many reasons for me to choose the G1X over the RX100 and I haven't been disappointed, I'm sure it works the other way for others as well.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow