Forum ProPosts: 32,907Gear list
Like?
Re: What the imager has
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, 6 months ago

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

DickLyon wrote:

Kendall, long time...

It has been a long time!

Thanks for the excellent response to help clear things up further for everyone. As you say, the chroma being spread out a bit in the end hardly matters at all. This should be one interesting camera to see what reviewers make of it!

For the record, that's pretty much exactly what I have been saying on the chroma resolution.  What he said describes very well why the GPU texture compression can get away with similar (keep high on the luminance detail, but lower on the chroma).

There's other strategies that can be done like gradient direction detection, etc. depending how far it's taken. Several Bayer cameras are doing some stunts on that end also.  I see the benefit for the Quattro in still having more color data.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow