Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Andrewteee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,577Gear list
Like?
Re: What are advantages of Df over D600/D610
In reply to Rservello, Feb 12, 2014

Rservello wrote:

Hank Photo wrote:

I have a feeling that several members of this forum now have a Nikon Df and may have had or still have D600 or D610. So I am wondering what advantages one would find with the Df.

I am also wondering how skin tones are handled and if DR is any different.

-- hide signature --

Hank K
Nikon D600, Sony RX1, Nikon Coolpix A, (and on the shelf Samsung NX20 kit waiting for NX30)

Looks cool with a scarf and skinny jeans?

I'm always amazed that people ask such questions and I'm always amazed that people actually respond like this.

If one is so concerned with skin tones then one has a deep knowledge of post processing to get skin tones just right regardless of camera. For example. If not yet, then I my response to the OP is to learn about such things - they can be far more powerful than any new camera. Spend your time on post processing techniques to get things dialed in to your preference.

And a response like that may have garnered a laugh or two a few months ago, but at this point it's completely absurd. It is a camera, nothing more, nothing less. A phenomenal one at that, but who cares, we won't touch it, because, ack, only a hipster would ever dare to be seen taking pictures with one. Surely photographers are not so superficial? Or clever?

But wait, 18+ Likes... there must be something truthful here. It may just be that the only buyers of the Df are from Brooklyn and the Mission. Poor Nikon; such a specific, limited market.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow