G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tonkotsu Ramen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,173Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)
In reply to mcslsk, 7 months ago

mcslsk wrote:

Absolutely. Developing such a lovely Chip/lens combo and not following up would have been very sad. I am a bit nervous about focus/overall speed. EOS-M was not that great as I understand, so let's hope for this one to be acceptable.

When I was looking for a compact, I compared the Sony RX100II and Canon S120 side by side. The Sony had the "previous gen" Bionz processor, and the Canon had the new Digic 6.

In this case, the canon was quick (much faster than the EOS-M), but the sony was simply faster. During my brief usage, AF speed was about the same between the two, but the sony processed it's shots faster and had a much faster turnaround time, I'd say almost 2x faster.

Now, sony has the bionzX processor which, in the A6000, allows 11FPS with AF and a nearly unlimited buffer when shooting jpg.

To me, this tells me canon is still significantly behind sony when it comes to live view (lcd) shooting. Canon simply hasn't developed its non-dslr line to the point where they can match sony and ILC makes.

So in my opinion, it is definitely acceptable, but will quickly be leapfrogged by sony and the ILC gang in 1 year/generation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow