Current NEX-7 owner underwhelmed by new a6000

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KBKB
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Re: Current NEX-7 owner underwhelmed by new a6000
In reply to LSHorwitz1, 7 months ago

I'm a NEX-7 owner.  I was hoping for a worthy NEX-7 replacement from Sony.

The things that I don't like about the NEX-7 are:

1) No cable release.  You can use an IR remote, but you can't use it with the exposure bracketing mode.  (Or several other modes either, but this is the only one I really care about.)  Apparently, the A6000 has a jack for a wired cable release.  But this feature alone is not enough for me to buy an A6000.

2) The NEX-7's tripod mount flexes quite a lot.  I'll need to wait for some reviews to find out if this is an issue or not on the A6000.

Things that the A6000 lacks that I really like on the NEX-7:

1) Tri-Navi controls.  I really like being able to quickly change ISO, aperture size, and shutter speed when in manual mode.

2) AF/MF switch.  I often press the shutter release halfway to let the AF system focus and then thumb the AF/MF switch to lock the focus.  I then use that focal point for the next several (manually bracketed) exposures.  I do the same thing with AEL.  (I use the same technique when taking exposures that I'll stitch together to make a panorama.)

At the moment, I'll either wait for an A7000 or I may decide to purchase an A7r, but I'm underwhelmed by the A7(r) native lens selection at the moment.

KBKB's gear list:KBKB's gear list
Sony RX100 II RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow