Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ChristianHass
Senior MemberPosts: 1,913Gear list
Like?
Re: DP Quattro: Sigma official announcement
In reply to Raist3d, 7 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

Dogonit wrote:

It just seems like there's not enough here to warrant an upgrade and not enough either to attract many new buyers. They needed to take a bigger step in one or the other direction with a completely new, high-end camera.

I really think that if there are 2 stops improvement in color, that's a big upgrade in my book! And a faster better battery life camera? I guess if someone is using their Merrill at the lowest ISO for their work and needs, then I would agree.

To me, an interchangeable lens DP Merrill with some tweaks (bigger battery for example) would have been a much wiser move. Then a new version of the camera when they've completely overcome the high ISO and other drawbacks (instead of kind of a half way step, which is what this sounds like but in a shiny, new...and weird...package).

Hmm I think it will be a nice update there. We'll have to wait of course to see what the real improvement in ISO is.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

If they can increase the usable ISO range without impacting the low ISO image quality then I think it's a great move by Sigma. If they're trading low ISO quality for high then I think it's a mistake, they're not going to catch up to Bayer at high ISO anyway.

-- hide signature --

Shooting for fun and memories.
My Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianhass/

ChristianHass's gear list:ChristianHass's gear list
Sigma DP1x Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow