DP Quattro: Sigma official announcement

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 32,991Gear list
Like?
Re: DP Quattro: Sigma official announcement
In reply to Dogonit, 7 months ago

Dogonit wrote:

It just seems like there's not enough here to warrant an upgrade and not enough either to attract many new buyers. They needed to take a bigger step in one or the other direction with a completely new, high-end camera.

I really think that if there are 2 stops improvement in color, that's a big upgrade in my book! And a faster better battery life camera?  I guess if someone is using their Merrill at the lowest ISO for their work and needs, then I would agree.

To me, an interchangeable lens DP Merrill with some tweaks (bigger battery for example) would have been a much wiser move. Then a new version of the camera when they've completely overcome the high ISO and other drawbacks (instead of kind of a half way step, which is what this sounds like but in a shiny, new...and weird...package).

Hmm I think it will be a nice update there. We'll have to wait of course to see what the real improvement in ISO is.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow