What the imager has

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
victorgv
Contributing MemberPosts: 839Gear list
Like?
Re: What the imager has
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 6 months ago

Truman Prevatt wrote:

One of the big issues with the Bayer and the reason color Moire is an issue is the spatial sampling rate is different between the channels. Hence the R&B channels will alias before the green.

This sensor has the same issue. How it shows up in practice will be the question. Clearly the current Foveon does not suffer color Moire although aliasing is visible in the obvious places of high spatial frequencies. It will be interesting to see how aliasing will manifest itself in this sensor. Clearly the advantage of this design is to catch more light from the lower level detectors hence give it better low light performance. Of course there are always trade offs in any design. It will be interesting to see how this sensor performs.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

I do not think there would be any issues with color moire.

I did quick and dirty experiment scaled color to 50% and back converted original color to b&w and combined 2 layers. I bet Sigma has much much better algorithm so result would be much better.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53096876

victorgv's gear list:victorgv's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow