Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Mk7
Mk7
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to howardroark, 7 months ago

howardroark wrote:

Mk7 wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Mk7 wrote:
Just because the RX is smaller and lighter doesn't mean they aimed lower. Its sensor and lens can give comparable and often better results than the G1 X.

I'd like to see that.
Canon sensors are lacking in dynamic range compared to others. Besides, an RX100 in the pocket and with you beats a G1 X brick left at home every time!

That G1 X "brick" is with me all the time and the size difference is so insignificant to many able-bodied adults that we don't worry about whether the camera will fit into our front shirt pocket or not. Again, the RX100's main claim to fame is that it is smaller, and for some people the size difference is enough for that to be important. For others, the size of the G1 X is worth what you get in return.

I agree, that's why I lug mine around instead of a pocket cam.
My G1 X is with me most of the time, but, unlike most consumers, I carry a camera case or pack most of the time. There are times and places where I must go light, and the G1 X gets left behind in favor of something smaller.
DPReview says, "For anyone simply looking for the best image quality from a compact, the RX100 II is the answer." Small, portable phones aren't the #1 camera type because of their IQ. The RX hits a sweet spot that has made it a runaway hit.
That said, I've already seen enough of the G1 X MarkII to know that it will be my next cam. I know the performance, lens and sensor will be good enough for my needs. I hope to have one in time for my April vacation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow