Quattro 4.9 MP small raw capture surprise

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Trollshavethebestcandy
Regular MemberPosts: 460
Like?
Re: Quattro 4.9 MP small raw capture surprise
In reply to Raist3d, 10 months ago

I was thinking about Sigma doing a 4.9 MP capture. Would be interesting because it would be a true color no spatial interpolation true x3 capture with a 4x sampled "blue" layer.  It could be very interesting for higher iso or shots where you want zero possibility of any color artifacts along with higher quality of capture and dynamic range

A kind soul pointed to me this is indeed the case, Sigma made that in!  I ts in the number of pixels, jpeg modes and raw.  That looks very promising.  I would certainly trade off resolution to get a better color shot at night when needed  or in more difficult light.

In good light, landscapes, then use the full resolution.  Running low on the memory card? Can capture the small raw.  I hope this mode is explored in the reviews and not overlooked.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

So a 15 megapixel image? 5 megapixel of each color 1 of the quad blue and the the subsequent larger pixels?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow