Gear selection for Cuba from US

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,935Gear list
Like?
Re: Gear selection for Cuba from US
In reply to Gary Mozer, 10 months ago

I believe the problem in Cuba with "professional" equipment is getting through Cuban customs, rather than personal safety. Many nations are leery of photojournalists, which probably applies to Cuba. Another factor is most countries want to know if a traveler is there for business or as a tourist, and can be very suspicious when a traveler with professional equipment claims to be a tourist. (Even the USA requires different visas for business travelers.)

Check Syl Arena's blog; he went to Cuba last year, and he uses the Canon 5D Mark III. I know he rented an EOS M for the trip, but I doubt it was his only camera. Zack Arias used Fuji X cameras in Cuba, according to his blog.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow