Who plans to order the G1X Mark II?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,591Gear list
Like?
Re: Who plans to order the G1X Mark II?
In reply to Tonkotsu Ramen, 10 months ago

Hi Tonkotsu and Peter

You may well both be right.  However, I'm not an RX100 buyer, so I'll have to head in the opposite direction.  C'est la vie.

I already have a DSLR and it's a good smaller travel camera I'm after.  As far as mirror-less cameras go there is clearly more than one design school.  Fuji, Olympus and Sony appear to have aimed their upper (enthusiast) models at those who want a BIEVF.    There is another stream of thought around external controls versus touch screens.  Fuji appears to be the one following the BIEVF and external control philosophy, so I suspect that'll be where I head.  Their XT1 is looking very good.

Canon only offers the M which does have a touch screen and doesn't have a BIEVF.  This is clearly a school of thought Canon are following at the moment so I'll have to look elsewhere.  I'll be keeping my Mark 1 for the time being.......

All the best with your own decision making.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow