Lightroom: one or two things do you really wish you had known at the outset?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mclewis
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
Re: Lightroom: one or two things do you really wish you had known at the outset?
In reply to dwight3, 6 months ago

mclewis wrote:

...Lightroom does not force you to organize in a certain way. It will use whatever organistaion scheme you wish. It copes perfectly well with the scheme I started to use before I bought Lightroom. It uses the real file structure I have on my computer...

That's true, but unless you have a really good system to find things, LR has the capacity to do it better. It certainly does better than my old system was. And finding things in the LR catalog using keywords is significantly faster than looking for things in my old folder structure.

I know I do use keywords. It took a long time to sort them out when I  started using Lightroom as my keyword list was very disorganised. The point I was making was that Lightroom will not force a file structure or organisation system on the user. Some people think it does for some strange reason.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow