Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,060Gear list
Like?
Why this forum is special to me…
9 months ago

These are ten reasons that this forum special to me. Why is this forum special to you?

1. If I find myself unable to sleep in the middle of the night I can get up and have a near real time discussion with a fellow photographer on the other side of the globe who has sun shining in their window. (See geographic diverstiy here)
  2. Since that photographer is using the same type of equipment as I am, they are more likely to have an understanding of my type of photography, no matter what the topic of our discussion.
  3. The high amount of participation here increases the chance that the subject of my thread will attract the interest of someone scanning the list and result in a meaningful discussion.
  4. The feeling of satisfaction I get as I am increasingly able to help others as I have been, and continue to be, helped.
  5. When I share photos here which I took with my m43 equipment I get helpful constructive criticism, in addition to encouragement. Unlike many other places where you get "nice shot" or nothing.
  6. Since my many discussions about equipment have allowed me to get to know a lot of the participants, I have some frame of reference about where they are coming from when considering the advice I receive.
  7. The great photos shared here by photographers more experienced and skilled than I am continue to inspire me to improve.
  8. If I'm on vacation and am having trouble getting my equipment to work the way I want, I know that expert advice is only a Wi-Fi connection away.
  9. My enjoyment of photo shoots in enhanced knowing that if anything interesting happens I will be able to share my adventures (or misadventures) with like minded folks. (Example of adventure here)
  10. The multiple off forum friendships and face to face meets I have experienced that I would have never enjoyed were it not for my participation here.
 Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow