Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,278
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to howardroark, 10 months ago

howardroark wrote:

mcslsk wrote:

Don't know yet. After waiting for Canon so long to fix the shortcommings of the G1X (mainly speed), I have just bought a NEX6 with several lenses. But: If there is a G2X in the making (which now even Marco seems to believe ), I will wait and see if a) IQ is the same as with the G1X - which nothing short of stunning, and b) whether there is a significant increase in operational speed (there should be). I am uncertain about the lack of OVF (which I use quite a bit on the G1X) and are afraid the EVF add on will cost as much as the camera. Since the G1X serves we well in situations where speed is not an issue, the G2X needs to be pretty convincing in order for me to spend the money.

I like finally having real specs thanks to the Best Buy link posted elsewhere. The pictures also finally show us what the camera looks like in action.

Ah yes, Marco. At least he hasn't claimed to know all along that it was coming. He would have been better off stating his belief once and then claming up about it so as to look slightly less foolish.

Yeah, the speed will certainly make or break the camera. I don't understand the drop in resolution unless there is some on-sensor PDAF pixels, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps we'll get some much imporved DR and low-light noise.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/powershot-g1-x-mark-ii-12-8-megapixel-digital-camera/3986094.p

Captures high-resolution images up to 4160 x 3120 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio (13.1 effective megapixels at 4:3 aspect ratio).

Through a wide-angle lens for precise zooming and accuracy. The lens features dual control rings for customized functions similar to SLR lenses and a 9-blade aperture for beautiful, blurred backgrounds.

Makes it easy to navigate features and displays images in crisp, bright detail. The tilting design lets you achieve an ideal view of the screen from multiple angles.

Enables one-touch recording of stunning videos in 1080p resolution via the dedicated movie button.

Thanks for all this. Believe I saw your name in Ayn Rand's book...

Combines with the CMOS sensor to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, which optimizes low-light performance.

Reduces image blur caused by camera shake and vibration. ISO up to 12,800 ensures images are clearly captured, even in dimly lit environments.

Include creative shot, portrait, star, handheld night scene, snow, fireworks, nostalgic, fish-eye effect, background defocus, super vivid and more, so you can add a variety of artistic, complementary effects to your shots.

Allows you to capture dynamic, fast-motion events at up to 5.2 fps. Face detection isolates subjects in-frame and optimizes conditions, letting you take high-quality pictures of friends and family members.

Include auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent, fluorescent H, flash, underwater and custom, helping you achieve natural tones in a wide range of lighting conditions.

With auto, on, slow synchro and off modes provides efficient illumination, so you can capture clear, properly lit images.

Improves focusing speed, letting you quickly hone in on subjects from as close as 2".

Enables the wireless transfer of photos and videos to compatible mobile devices, select social networking sites and Wi-Fi-enabled computers and lets you remotely operate the camera using an enabled cell phone or tablet.

Allows you to pair the camera and your compatible Android device with just 1 touch.

Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity and SDXC memory cards (not included), so you can store plenty of photos and videos.

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow