Are you going to "punish" Nikon if there is no V3 at CP+?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462Gear list
Like?
Are you going to "punish" Nikon if there is no V3 at CP+?
2 months ago

For quite some time now I've had the feeling that I've mastered the V1 and that now I need something even better to help me develop my photography skills further. What I need is 1-2 stops better low light performance, better EVF with focus-peaking (+ many other "firmware" features which we've discussed at great length in many threads here) and additional lenses. I was really hoping that Nikon would announce a much more powerful V-series camera at CP+.

Now that a V3 announcement seems more and more unlikely, I'm beginning to ponder over what to do next. I think I'm going to wait until CP+ is over, and if there is no V3, I'm going to "punish" Nikon by investing in another system. I'm not sure which. Fuji X, mFT and NEX all look interesting. X-E2, X-T1, E-M10 and Alpha 6000 all look great and all offer lenses which I need, except for super-telephoto, which is only available for mFT. In any case, if there is no V3, I'm not going to wait any longer, nor am I going to invest in a system which's future is uncertain and which is being marketed this badly. In regards to N1 Nikon is behaving like an evil stepmother...

What's your take on this? As a Nikon 1 user, do you feel that Nikon has an obligation to you and are you planing to "punish" them if they don't commit to the V-series and develop it further?

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CP+New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow