There is NO reason not to get X-E1 for $719

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Serge 07
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
Re: Stimpy...
In reply to mistermejia, 9 months ago

The pictures of the running kids were done with a DSLR with a MANUAL lens, and the point of that, is that just as you can take photos of fast moving things with a manual focus lens you can ALSO take photos of fast moving objects with a X-E1. You just have to place yourself at the right place and shoot at the right time and play along with its limitations.

I've been using Nikkor manual focus lenses almost exclusively for the past year plus and with practice, manual focusing action becomes not at all difficult. With my recently acquired XE-1 and say the Nikon 28mm 2.8 Ai-s, MF using zone focusing is a breeze. Since all the XE-1 has to do is meter (which it does perfectly with all my lenses) the camera is very capable and responsive. As you mentioned, predicting action works perfectly as well. Either way, one simply becomes far more involved in the experience versus shooting machine-gun like bursts at anything that moves with a dslr, which I have been certainly guilty of.

I'll throw in a good word for the 18-55 which I find to be a snappy performer with the XE-1. Street photography in NYC has not been an issue at all with this little guy. It isn't as much fun for me compared to using MF lenses but it is excellent plus versatile.

Cheers.

Serge 07's gear list:Serge 07's gear list
Nikon D40 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow