Can I just use my Canon 70D as my master with Yongnuo 622-C triggers?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
bpsg119
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: Can I just use my Canon 70D as my master with Yongnuo 622-C triggers?
In reply to STR54, 2 months ago

Thanks for the opinions. Sailor Blue, you must feel very strongly about all of this, I've seen you answer similar questions in other forums as well.

I've ordered a Yonguo 568exII and another 622-c trigger.

I do think I could benefit from an alien bees B800. I'm stillĀ  debating if I should spring for a B800/stand/modifier now and learn with this + my speedlites or if I can do better in the short term trying to learn with the two speedlites and from there learn better what I need for an upgrade.

I still have not bought a softbox yet, and that is playing into this decision somewhat. I could drop $120 on a Chettah Qbox for my speedlite, but if I'm going to pick up a B800 soon, I think it would be better to purchase a softbox that is better suited to the monolight.

I do have a bit of a free pass in since my wife is excited that I want to use all this to take pictures of the upcoming baby (she is due on March). Fortunately, I can afford to buy the B800, and it would be worth every penny if I make good use of it when taking pictures of the baby and such. I find it difficult to come to a solid conclusion when there are so many conflicting opinions on speedlights vs studio strobes. Its even more difficult to tease out from this the people who are asking this from a perspective hoping to make some money vs. people, like myself, whose motivation is simply trying to be able to take the best pictures of their own family and friends.

While I have you reading this, if I were to purchase a decent setup for a B800, that is a decent stand, B800, and modifier (I'm thinking softbox), what do people recommend? Is there anything else that I would need to purchase here? Paul C. Buff offers the beginner bee kit, and I can use all of that stuff, but I'm torn whether I would prefer the softbox instead of the PLM umbrella, which is included in that kit.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow