A6000 first picture

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
saintz
Regular MemberPosts: 476
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to 123Mike, 6 months ago

123Mike wrote:

I briefly looked at what E-mount could do for me, but I have the impression that the lenses are so crappy and so limited and the acceptable ones so expensive, that I'm not getting why anyone that cares for image quality would pick over an E-mount over an A-mount camera, except if size really matters, and/or people use the adapters a lot. Is that what most people use, those adapters?

The E Mounts generally have better IQ than the A mounts. They have no mirror to reduce image quality (by losing light and forcing higher ISO or lower shutter), although depending on your style of photography this may or may not be significant. The lenses are also generally optically fantastic. The SEL50 is the sharpest lens I've used, which includes Canon L and other lenses costing much more. Many of the E mount options are cheaper, smaller, and optically better, both body and lens.

For example, A3000 + SEL50 = $500

A58 (same sensor) + SAL50 = $550

The A3000 will have better low light performance (and the lens is sharper and better for video), the A58 better AF. Which is more important?

Not always true, however.

NEX 7 + SEL35= $1,100

A65 (same sensor) + SAL35 = $600

It really depends on your needs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow