What the imager has

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,104Gear list
Like?
Re: The Quattro Knows
In reply to Kendall Helmstetter Gelner, 10 months ago

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:
The Bayer sensor may get lucky guesses, but it can never KNOW the correct color values. Because the bayer sensor has to guess for many many values, it is mostly wrong. Not wrong by much, but wrong.

The Quattro sensor can know with absolute certainly in many cases the exact colors for every pixel in each quad. So there's a high likelihood it is mostly right.

You are very consistent. That is certain

I assume you have not read information theory?

You can show, with a quite simple reasoning, that it cannot KNOW. It is just to scale up the situation from 4 to 4 million top pixels per pixel in the other layers.

So, you throw in a "in many cases" in your assertion. Yeah! What do you mean by "many cases"? For it to work as a reliable image sensor, it has to be able to do it in almost all cases, or at least in a high percentage of the cases.

So - I do not say you are wrong about your assertion, that the Quattro is good at finding the correct color. But I do say, that you need some more evidence before I do believe that it is as good as you claim.

Personally, I think it is going to be good enough.

This 30 million detector sensor will probably easily beat a 30 million detector Bayer sensor, regarding resolution, and also regarding color artefacts.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow