Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,152Gear list
Like?
Re: Your chart is totally wrong - NO BLUE LAYER
In reply to mike earussi, 5 months ago

mike earussi wrote:

<...>

Then I suggest you examine the chart in this article and tell that to the man who is in charge of Sigma, because he certainly seems to think there is one:

http://translate.google.no/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A//blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ka_tate/64122571.html

That link agrees with what I am saying.  Are you only looking at the background colors of the boxes and not reading the text?   Can you please paste the exact text or diagram that states what you are thinking it states, along with what you think it is stating.  What I got out of it is exactly what I was saying, that components of the two lower layers go into the top layer (thus the top layer is NOT BLUE).

My information comes not from a really bad Google translation, but from how the Foveon sensor physically works.  We all know the top layer is activated to some extent even with a pure red subject. Therefore the top layer in the new Quattro would behave the same way.  The top layer by convention was treated as "blue" but it was always a combination of some data from the lower layers, which was factored out.  Now Foveon is making greater use of this overlap to maintain color resolution to a great extent even with fewer sensors.

The lower noise in the new sensor and slightly more top level pixels seems like it could easily combine to meet the level of detail the current Merrill sensor achieves.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow