>>> Street Photography eXchange #84 <<<

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Paulmorgan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,602
Like?
Re: Winter -Soho
In reply to oneANT, 5 months ago

oneANT wrote:

I think being engaged in writing about images is hugely empowering. It helps the mind to see more abstractly, I dont mean in relation to images necessarily being abstract but in terms of seeing in other ways. So for that reason I would encourage it. Its another way to engage an image, a side door instead of the front door. Its main feature is that it is another experience for the photographer and I think that is where the benefit is directed even if it means being selfish and ignoring the viewer. Unless someone else does it they wont know the experience that comes from it and they see the result but not the experience and experiences are another thrown onto the pile. If the mood while writing can be focused on and transported to the street then imagine that.

The connection with the image is very strong, not a comment either way, just an observation but I would be careful of giving a photograph more value in the text then it posesses on its own (from experience). The text also shouldn't rescue an image that you are unsure of, it doesn't make it better and I think that is what troiD saw.

The picture gave me a sense of early experimentation and again I dont think there is ever anything wrong with an experiment, but I'm not sure it was a successful one.

The Chinese influence, I do see it and especially in its light touch and observation.

I'm off to bed now (6pm), we had yesterday and last night and again today with the fires, I'm frazzled and everything smells like something died and this ditty took me an hour to type.

I'm off to bed now (6pm), we had yesterday and last night and again today with the fires, I'm frazzled and everything smells like something died and this ditty took me an hour to type.

Looks like you could do with some of our flood water

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
smsNew
RedNew
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow