Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to frameman, 5 months ago

frameman wrote:

I'll reserve my decision untill a few reviews are up. The IQ needs to be at least as good as the G1X and the focusing speed has been given a decent boost, well then it could be what empties my camera bag of a Dslr, who knows.

I have no doubt that with the same size sensor and fewer pixels you'll see as good or better high-ISO noise, but since the lens has changed and there are fewer pixels it is possible that some detail resolution will be lost...although I doubt it.  The lens is still huge and this one is a bit faster and wider, so who knows where its sweet spot will be.

I think once again I'll make my decision based on the myriad of non-review reviews that pop up everywhere ranging from random test shots from some bizarre and unknown German site to the real-world shots that will probably be posted along with the announcement on Thursday.

I'm not sure if I'll be convinced to spend that kind of money on day one again, but I don't think we've seen all of the features this camera will offer yet.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow