Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,324Gear list
Like?
Re: down to 13 MP ???
In reply to Habs Fan27, 5 months ago

Habs Fan27 wrote:

crashpc wrote:

I don´t have direct comparison in my hands, but from what I see here at DPR, It looks how I say. Can´t help myself.

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

If you look at the metadata, the SL1 is using a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens for this tests at f8. The G1X is at 112mm (equiv) f7.1 which is a weird setting. The goal of studio tests is usually to test the camera (sensor) so most cameras are using a prime in this case. If you are going to slap on the canon 15-85 on the SL1, I would be the results would be a bit more even.

That's why I always treat studio tests with caution. The G1X at F7.1 is creeping into visible diffraction territory, certainly not ideal for close-up work like this. I only shoot at that aperture for landscape stuff when dof masks this, F4/5.6 would have been much better for this test.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow