Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,660Gear list
Like?
Re: down to 13 MP ???
In reply to crashpc, 10 months ago

crashpc wrote:

In good situation, I can hold up to 1s with IS. I would avoid comparing some time/shake specifiactions. Outside of this, I agree. 28-112 lens of that grade is not there for DSLR, but there are many better, and I still managed to put my SL1 in a pocket (devil smiley)....

I'm using a 450D (12 MP) with the 15-85IS, which is a bit similar in range and sensor size to the G1X II; but the 15-85 is 1-1.5 stops slower and much bigger than the G1X II lens. My impression from looking at online images from the original G1X is that its lens is about the same quality as the 15-85IS, maybe a bit better.

I agree that 13 MP sounds a bit outdated for a camera at this price level, but if the lens is really good the result could be better on average than what you get with SL1 + 15-85IS. And all that in a cheaper, lighter and much smaller package. Of course, if the 18-55IS kitzoom is all you need then the SL1 is cheaper and lighter ...

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow