Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,350Gear list
Like?
Re: down to 13 MP ???
In reply to crashpc, 8 months ago

crashpc wrote:

In good situation, I can hold up to 1s with IS. I would avoid comparing some time/shake specifiactions. Outside of this, I agree. 28-112 lens of that grade is not there for DSLR, but there are many better, and I still managed to put my SL1 in a pocket (devil smiley)....

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

Well anyone can hold a camera for any length of time but there's no way you'll handhold an SL1 to 1 second and get sharp results, not even close to that (relatively speaking). I've managed 1/6th second on the G1X but that's the limit and I can handhold to pretty low shutter speeds on most cameras. I've never seen a better lens on any kind of compact (ish) camera than the lens on this one and I've used plenty. It's not just sharp it has the great colour and contrast that marks the best lenses from good ones. The 18-55mm STM is pretty good on the SL1, it's very sharp for a lens of that type but it's no G1X. You'll need prime lenses to compete with the G1X but then you lose the utility of a zoom. Of course we're comparing apples to oranges, the strength of the SL1 being the ability to change lenses, decent ovf etc. It's a really nice camera that I really liked but the G1X suits me better for landscape and travel, it just gives consistently excellent results without having to change lenses, that works for me. I've owned and used some really excellent lenses but the lens on the G1X is as good as it gets for a zoom with this kind of range.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow