awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,821Gear list
Like?
Re: DOF and Cropping take 2
In reply to moving_comfort, 10 months ago

moving_comfort wrote:

awaldram wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

• Using the same lens on a APS-C crop sensor camera and a 35mm full frame body, the APS-C crop sensor camera image has 1.5x LESS depth of field than the 35mm image would have

The answer in NO it doesn't, the image created on the aps-c sensor is identical to the middle 66.6% of the FF sensor.

Are you just being dense now, or willfully deceptive? Because you're repeating the same incorrect things without even reading what I wrote.

Well someone here is being dense but given Ian's source was the same as mine and both vindicate everyone of my statements I guess its not me.

hopefully you;ll put it to bed now given the easy to digest photographic evidence I've provided .

so yes cropping a larger sensor image to the same as the cropped sensor does indeed give identical DoF

Or can you think of anything else for me to shoot down in flames, Your coming across as desperate now.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow