OMD M10 AEB? Opinions on M10 as an camera for HDRI? Shutter release cable?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mhulse
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
OMD M10 AEB? Opinions on M10 as an camera for HDRI? Shutter release cable?
6 months ago

I know the camera is new (not released yet?), but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I'll be able to use auto exposure bracketing from the Olympus iPhone app?

I'm one of those HDRI folks that doesn't want to touch their camera in-between shots.

Optimally, I'd like to have the ability to shoot all manual (save for the AEB) and control the timing of the shot via a shutter release cable of the Oly app (or, last resort, self timer).

If I can't do the above, that's kinda a deal breaker for me.

Speaking of cable releases, considering the M10 doesn't have an accessory port, does that mean it won't work with a cable release (I'd prefer the app, but if I can't do AEB using the app, then a cable release might be an alternative ... that is, if the M10 even supports that type of accessory).

Any M1 or M5 users do manual HDRI using AEB with the app? Any thoughts on if the M10 will handle things the same way?

I've tried looking at the app, but I don't have a QR code, or camera, that will allow me to view the in-app options/buttons/settings.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow