Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
crazybadger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,326Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
In reply to panamforeman, 9 months ago

panamforeman wrote:

With the published Chinese brochure I am now, but not quite, virtually convinced. Which means I will have egg on my face, and stupidly said I would post a photo of same. (will I ever learn?) But still, lets see what tomorrow brings:

1. Does it have the same size sensor?: 1.5

2. Is the sensor an improvement over the original one in the G1X?

3. Is AF faster? (although I never had a problem with it, but seems to be the chief compalint)

4. It appears to have a "tilt" LCD and not a fully articulated one. (I can live with that)

5. Ergonomics? Will it handle as well as the one I have now? A real plus of the G1X is the way it handles and feels in my hand. I have large hands and it feels perfect, more so than any camera I own except for a DSLR, of which I have two and hardly use anymore.

There will be, of course nay-sayers, trolls and Canon haters from other forums. But if Canon does what it is capable of (and we haven't seen much of that in recent years, except for the EOS M INHO) then the new G1X Mark II will be a success, I sure hope so, if for no other reason than to quiet the whiners & complainers of the current G1X (a great camera IMHO).

We shall see!

Well I wouldn't be too quick with the egg.

The rumours were calling for a 20.2MP CMOS sensor, with similar design and controls to the existing G1X, with a 2.8-5.8 lens. A certain poster on here with an egg fetish even commented he thought the lens would be slower than that. Now who is a sceptic

If the BB site is correct, we have a 12.8 MP camera, with a very different form factor, and a lens that is faster, not slower. So other than there being a new G1X, something I don't think you or I argued against the possibility of, the rumours were not exactly very accurate. They did get the name right at least

Personally I have to check it out before I judge it. The IQ doesn't look like it will be much different (but you can only tell so much from specs). So it will come down to the form factor and handling that will be the big thing for me and I really like the G1X flippy screen. And that I won't know until I can actually handle it. I didn't think I would like the G1X at first but in won me over.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow