Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerry Gardner
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
D800 Live View Problem?
10 months ago

I'm thinking of upgrading to a D800, but I've heard that there are some issues with the Live View implementation on this camera.

I'm primarily a landscape photographer and use Live View zoomed in to 10x magnification to manually focus the lens for maximum sharpness. I often shoot right before sunrise and after sunset, so light levels are often low.

I've heard that the D800 implementation of Live View is very noisy (especially in low light) and skips every other scan line on the display and this causes artifacts and makes it difficult to critically focus.

How much a factor is this? Is this enough to make Live View useless (or close to useless) for landscape photographers shooting in low light? I'd like to hear from other landscape photographers regarding their experiences with LV on the D800.

Any chance these issues can be fixed by a firmware update? (Although since the D800 has been out for several years now, I'm assuming that Nikon would have fixed these issues by now if they were fixable with a FW update).

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow