Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frank in the Falls
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Blown out window highlights, E510
7 months ago

So, I am working on exposures & still find myself shooting with the camera in P.  I understand I need to work on getting better at using manual, but in the mean time I wonder if there are easy ways to reduce blown out windows when I shoot real estate interiors.  Not sure why I get lucky with some of them, and not so good with others.  Forgive my amatuer questions, maybe there is no easy answer other than going with HDR or mulitiple remote flashes.  I am currently using the E510 with camera mounted FL-36R with a diffuser, and usually I get good results.  Any suggestions?  Two examples are attached, one I got lucky with (at least it shows some green through the windows) but I can't seem to get consistent with this.  I shoot with a wide zoom, the 9-18mm.  Any suggestions to switching to aperture priority or shutter priority or anything would help.  Thanks

-- hide signature --

Frank

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow