Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Happy G1 X owners excited about G1 X Mark II?
8 months ago

Now that the rumors have started becoming much more concrete, I think it is safe to say we know what to expect on Thursday.  That being the case, I wanted to find out if there are people out there who own the G1 X and are happy about the direction the G1 X Mark II has gone or were somewhat underwhelmed by (and didn't purchase) the G1 X but now think the G1 X line has some real potential.

We still don't have the full list of features and specs, but perhaps we can keep the G1 X II discussion down to a few thousand threads by having a positive discussion here and leaving all the bitterness to other threads.  Yes?

So far what I've seen makes me think the new G1 X Mark II is going to be a worthy upgrade to the G1 X.  I have no idea what to make of the pixel count and the changing AF specs, but I'm hoping that we're going to see a much faster on-sensor PDAF implimentation (maybe a DP PDAF) and an AF mechanism to match.

As for the looks, I dont' think it's ugly in the slightest.  The G1 X is an awesomel looking ugly camera in my opinion, if you understand my meaning.  Have you ever seen an ugly attractive person or an attractive ugly person?  I have, and the G1 X and G1 X II are striking in their stark, utilitarian appeal.  And unless something is really all-around ugly, distasteful, and hard to look at because of poor design, horrible ergonomics, and no attention to aesthetics then why does anyone care?  Some have said it's ugly enough to not buy.  How many times have we heard that pathetic argument?  The G1 X wasn't pretty enough to buy, but it also wasn't ugly enough to hate....in my opinion, anyway.  And once you use these non-gorgeous things don't they become extremely attractive all of a sudden?

Anyway, I'm hoping to be convinced more in the next couple of days that the little lady needs a new camera that will then basically spend most of its time in my hands. 

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow