Mount Einstein to Broncolor Para?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Phil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401Gear list
Like?
Re: Mount Einstein to Broncolor Para?
In reply to Chris Armstrong, 2 months ago

Chris Armstrong wrote:

I'm really interested in getting the Broncolor Para light modifiers, does anyone know if it is possible to mount a Paul Buff Einstein to the Para's?

I've already got a full set of Einsteins, I would love to add a Para (or more) to my kit, is there some form of adapter that I could get to make that work? Or is that something I could have made? Would the Para support the weight of the Einstein?

Is is this possible? Or am I going to have to save for both the Para's and a set of Broncolor lights / power packs as well?

Einsteins work with the PCB PLMs which are a parabolic. PCB hasn't done much to present how you tune their PLMs like you see in the Para video but it's rather easy. The only downside I've found is the coaxial PCB mount is a little weak (flexes under load) using the 86" PLM. I will likely stiffen the flexing joint with a fiber loaded epoxy paste. A neater option would be to buy a second center plate and stack them losing the lock washers in favor of a thread locker to make the room.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
5DMKII - 5DMKII Dual Body Bag - Go 'L' and don't look back!

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow