Like?
Re: Stimpy...
In reply to stimpy, 5 months ago

stimpy wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

stimpy wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

I am officially a former nikon shooter and I am NEVER looking back

Guys, for this type of caliber that you are getting, there is no reason to be crying for the performance of AF of the XE1 after the firmware update. Yes, i can see what some of you are saying, i can see that now, it is not super snappy and it takes a couple of "milliseconds" until it locks on focus, but it is nothing to cry about unless you shoot in darkness.

I bought the silver version this afternoon after work, i have loaded the latest firmware and i am ALREADY enjoying the thing. I personally wouldn't be surprised if later on fuji does another touch up on the AF part. One thing for sure, the AF on my camera does lock AF a little faster in AF-Continuous, and i am not complaining, not for this price sir! No way Jose!

But let me tell you this, would i pay $1400 for this camera now? No. But it doesn't cost that anymore

I bought the camera with a 90mb/sec memory card and i am VERY satisfied. This camera probably works perfect under plenty of light. I have taken some simple photos from my house under crappy lighting, and i like the camera very much. I think this camera and I are going to become very good friends. Im tired, is been a long day, and i'm going to sleep.

AF doesn't matter when you shoot things that don't move.

...I understand and i respect YOUR needs. Get a different camera or a DSLR. But i have shot D7000 with manual focus lenses and it is very fun, not that easy sometimes but even when you don't have AF at all taking pictures of FAST moving objects is not impossible either:

Every-time someone says Fuji's are not great for fast action (which they are NOT) someone has to pipe up with an example showing how it is possible.

You're missing the point.

Can't you accept it's a limitation of the camera and be happy?

I'm missing what point? Who said i don't "accept" this camera's limitation? Who said im not happy??  It sounds like you are the one that's not happy.  I didn't buy this camera to shoot fast action because i know is not for that.

Could i take pictures of something very fast with this camera? Certainly yes. All you have to do is set it up correctly, as any other camera, and stand in the correct spot and be patient. That's all.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow