There is NO reason not to get X-E1 for $719

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,788Gear list
Like?
Peter...
In reply to Peter Jonas, 7 months ago

Peter Jonas wrote:

Congrats to the purchase. I hope you are not going to miss the response and handling of the D7000. The X-E1 is a nice camera. Did you get a lens included in that price?

By the way, I thought you were getting a Pentax K-3. Whatever happened to that?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

...Yes i got the silver body with 18-55 for $719.

hahaha! That's a good question. The store doesn't even carry pentax. the sales guys told me "nobody buys pentax". They said if anything goes wrong, parts availability are difficult to get, and so on. I still think the K3 is a super great camera, no doubt. The other thing i consider is the 24MP sensor itself. Is just too demanding and there are not that many "great" lenses out there that can truly handle that kind of resolution, so what was the point of getting a 24MP camera without good DX lenses. There are some good lenses from sigma, but in the end this fuji combo AND the perfect price just sold me out.  Is quality, not quantity, right?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow