Weather sealing user’s expectations

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Cigarguy
Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
Re: Ah - so now we're reconfiguring the language ....
In reply to Bob Corson, 6 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

Like I said he wrote it!

I agree and based his opinion on info gotten elsewhere. Most of what is said is pretty much common sense. It is useful to have as a reminder and is a good summary. Good work.

There's no need to demand links to every opinion. Links are usually opinions which is based on another opinion. You know what they say about opinions, especially worse are internet opinions.

When it comes to weather sealing, a lot of it comes down to operator and pure luck. I've had many cameras condensate on me but after a time of warming up and drying, it ticks right along. One of my friend had his new camera condensate once, short circuited and was done with. It was an A2E and Canon would not do anything for him. I've also had buckets of seawater splashed onto an average non-weather resistant C8080 while on a Westcoast fishing trip, yet this camera still ticks along 4 years later. Finally many divers I know have turned underwater cameras into door stops because of operator error. And no I don't have a link for any of this.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow