Former Canon user moving to a77, question about lenses.

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
hajime93
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
Re: Former Canon user moving to a77, question about lenses.
In reply to CTR1, 7 months ago

CTR1 wrote:

I debated on whether I should wait for the a77 replacement and for the price, reviews, etc I think I can live with having the a77 vs it's annoucement. Not to mention I just sold my camera body today and will be shipping my lenses tomorrow.

So from what I gather based on your post as well as the others' responses, I can't buy lenses that would work 100% on FF and crop sensor cameras?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Calvin
There's always a catch. Life is a catch. You better catch it while you can.

Hi sorry for the late reply, yes you can.

As I mentioned earlier all lenses work with either body, just that cropped lenses will have less Megapixels in FF camera due to the cropped fuction Sony FF camera has. But it's no big deal unless you're shooting commercially.

And yes, if you really want lenses that can work with APS-C and FF without the cropped thingy and reduced megapixels, get the old Minolta lenses! They're designed for FF-size sensors and definitely work well even with APS-C cameras.

Hope you've made up your mind~

hajime93's gear list:hajime93's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow