Weather sealing user’s expectations

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,246Gear list
Like?
Re: Precision in cold weather
In reply to leopold, 8 months ago

leopold wrote:

Well for shooting in really cold weather you don't need a DA* or WR lens, cold doesn't affect lenses much from my experience. I've been shooting in quite cold temperatures for a long time now and have used lenses ranging from Takumar (M42), plastic lenses like my Canon 15-85mm and up to my WR and DA* lenses and they all performed very well.

Sure when it's snowing i prefer to use a WR or DA* lens and found now difference in the field between the 2 types of weather sealing degree.

I too have been shooting in cold climate virtually all my life and like you say going hot to cold is not the real issue from a moisture perspective but the other way around certainly can be. I have only had A weather sealed camera for just over a year and shot many pictures in cold temps and NEVER had a problem, Just be careful when you go in and keep the camera in a closed bag until it warms up and don't open it up or change lenses until it has thoroughly acclimatized and you will be fine with or without a WR lens. Putting some dessicant bags in with it is always a good plan.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow