Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SVPhotography
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Latest rumour X200 - 35mm sensor - 24 MP - from FR
6 months ago

Looks like Fuji may run the X100 play book again - come out with a parts bin project to test the market - if it sells well - move it into the inter-changeable lens model line-up.

Sony did the same thing with the RX1 and came out with the Alpha-7/7R soon after.

I really didn't think the RX1 did that well in the market at 3K a pop from talking with my dealer but that's only a sample of 1 and I don't have Sony's internal sales numbers.

It must have done well enough for Sony to dump the A-mount and switch to the E-mount.

Of course, what does that say about the future of the X-mount? I believe that Fuji has already stated the image circle of the X-mount cannot accommodate a 35mm sensor, so a new mount would have to created to use 35mm sensors. The old X-lenses will not be able to be mounted for a cropped image circle like the E-mount or the Nikon DX lenses.

Interesting times we live in.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X20 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow