Canon G1X M2 pics....?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
WT21
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,660Gear list
Like?
Re: Why the loss of the Flip LCD is a disaster...
In reply to Marco Nero, 9 months ago

Marco Nero wrote:

So yeah, I'm inclined to believe that the Cost difference was likely a driving factor. We're talking pennies and dollars here but by keeping costs (especially parts and R&D costs) down, it benefits the shareholders.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Apologies for being so pedantic, but "I'm inclined to believe" is not the same as knowing something.

I have posted to (too) many photo boards over the past 6 years or so, and I see a lot more people who prefer the tilt LCD to the vari-angled. The people who want the vari-angle are certainly passionate, but I see a larger population interested in tilty LCD. Now, that's just anecdotal, and it's from people willing to post about it. Hardly market data. But without proof that it's a cost-driven decision, then it could be equally conjectured that they did some market research, and found people prefer the flip screen.A third possibility is that it is neither cost nor market research, and the product managers could just see that more cameras have a flippy LCD, and they are doing "me-too." (another possibility is that flip LCDs are indeed cheaper, but that vari angle and flip have equal market weight, and with flip being cheaper, then why not run with that?)

Without real data, it's all just conjecture, and any of the above are equally valid readings.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN E-P3 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow