Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,281Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon G1X M2 pics....?
In reply to meland, 8 months ago

meland wrote:

biza43 wrote:

You guys complain too much... it's almost like you require the "perfect" camera to improve your photos, really?

It's not complaining, every camera is a compromise, you just pick the features that suit your shooting best. As an example, if I can't use my UWA converter on the new version it won't work for me, the same with filters. I use mine mainly as a lightweight landscape and travel camera, speed of focusing isn't really an issue for me personally. For someone who wants to shoot more low light and isn't bothered about those things this camera might be better, it definitely won't tick the right boxes for everyone that's for sure.

I am quite liking what I am seeing for this MKII version of the G1X: faster lens (and 24mm), leaner body thanks to no OVF, touch screen, good minimum focus distance, simpler to use tilt screen...

Let's hope the AF is a bit faster.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

Hooray! Finally somebody engaged his brain before letting his fingers loose on the keyboard!

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Heh!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow